- Salary/Rate $15.50 to $28.00 / hourly rate dependent on level of education
- Experience Level Entry level
How to apply:
If you feel you are the ideal candidate for this position, please click on the following link to submit your application before December 2nd, 2022 23:59 EST.
Please note that candidates that meet all the position requirements, including the language profile, will be given first consideration however, we invite all interested candidates to submit their applications. Only those being considered in the process will be contacted.
The Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) has 1 exciting student opportunity from January 9th, 2023 to April 14th, 2023 within the Operations branch at CATSA.
This position represents an opportunity for career-driven individuals seeking a position within an organization that inspires growth and promotes excellence to make a difference and contribute to CATSA’s unique culture as it strives to excel in air transport security.
If you are a motivated student seeking a position within a multifunctional and collaborative environment, we invite you to consider the following job opportunity:
Student, Program Delivery
Number of Positions: 1
Term: January 9th, 2023 to April 14th, 2023
Schedule: 20 hours per week
Location: Ottawa, HQ (Hybrid)
Salary: $15.50 to $28.00/hourly rate dependent on level of education
Language Requirement: English Essential
*Eligibility List: CATSA will use this opportunity to establish a list of candidates eligible to fill subsequent vacancies. The eligibility list may be used to staff other student positions with similar responsibilities and qualifications.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Identify operational issues/trends and propose solutions (whether site specific or national in scope);
- Report analytical findings and recommendations through presentations, briefing notes and other formal documents;
- Research and analyze operational issues and performance reports from numerous sources and provide written and verbal assessments of areas for improvement, risks requiring attention, and trends;
- Participate in the planning, development and execution of national plans and strategies to improve aviation security screening;
- Participate in multifunctional teams to explore opportunities to improve operational efficiencies, enhance customer service, and ensure effective and consistent security screening;
- Collaborate with regional staff and project teams to ensure smooth delivery of screening operations, pilot projects and other initiatives in support of corporate objectives;
- Provide support and assistance to team members.
What you need to succeed:
To qualify for the position, you must have:
- Enrolled in a college diploma or a university degree relevant to the duties of the position; and
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
Skills and abilities:
- Effective communication skills (both orally and in writing);
- Excellent research and writing skills;
- Professional approach to work;
- Ability to plan, prioritize, multi-task and organize work efficiently;
- Ability to work well in team, independently and under pressure.
To qualify and to be considered for this employment, you must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- Be eligible to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance;
- Be a full-time or part-time CEGEP, College or University student; and
- Be returning to full-time or part-time studies in the next academic year.
- Job Locations Canada
- Address 99 Bank St, Ottawa, ON K1P 6B9
- Job Tag
- Total Years Experience Less than 1 year