- Salary/Rate $92,700.00 - $177,938.00
- Experience Level Other
Job Posting Description:
Sr. Director, IT Digital
This position is a senior member of the Business Technology Solutions team, responsible for leading the LCBO’s Digital Platform portfolio. The position will lead, manage and oversee the evolution of LCBO’s digital capabilities across channels including; but not limited to, LCBO.com, LCBO App and LCBO Stores and Convenience Outlets and other B2B channels.
This position is hybrid #LI-Hybrid
The position will establish, manage, control and oversee the activities of the Digital team from a human resources and budgeting perspective to ensure the proactive and timely delivery of all digital technology solutions. This will involve fostering relationships with digital channel business executives to elicit business goals and develop technology solutions that maximize the use of out-of-the-box solutions based on the existing technology footprint. Finally, the position will maintain oversight of the execution to help achieve the business goals and deliver on all technology requirements.
About the Role
- Build effective relationships and partnerships with all the lines of business areas that enable Digital Platform, including B2C and B2B channels by proactively providing leadership and direction across all aspects of their Digital Platform technology deliverables, costs and future opportunities.
- Provide advisory services regarding processes, tools and approaches specific to the Digital Platform world e.g. usability, extensibility, web, mobile and OMS.
- Continually assess the LCBO’s IT Digital Platform capabilities and external landscape and develop roadmaps, selecting scenarios and choosing products and partners to meet the IT Strategy and the business strategy.
- Develop and evolve the IT Digital Platform transformation strategy and roadmap aligned with the Business strategy and IT strategic business plan, including the enterprise architecture.
- Collaboratively develop the IT Digital Platform plan to deliver the technology to support the business strategy and plan
- Establish, lead and implement a sustainable IT Digital Platform practice that supports the IT division’s strategic plan and the LCBO’s annual business plan and strategy.
- Create and manage the LCBO IT Digital Platform delivery capability including internal and external resources, development methodology, processes and tools.
- Ensure consistency and quality across all LCBO Digital Platform initiatives with special focus on usability and extensibility of the solutions.
- Standardize and oversee IT Digital Platform Delivery policies, evaluation metrics and interactions with other internal and external groups.
- Ensure the success of all IT components of Digital initiatives, ensuring timelines are met, budgets are adhered to and project/business objectives are met.
- Ensure timely escalation of issues and risk that cannot be resolved.
- Manage the assignment of IT Digital human capital on all projects, research and operational work.
- Manage and oversee external IT partners.
- Attract high quality talent
- Coach, develop, and motivate team members to improve employee engagement
- Assess talent and provide constructive feedback through regular meetings and formally through the employee appraisal process
- A professional services background with tenure developing and maintaining executive relationships, and a trusted digital technology advisor role is highly preferred.
- IT expertise in Mar-Tech and Commerce Platform solutions with a preference for candidates with experience specifically deploying solutions within the Adobe Platform (Adobe Commerce, Experience Manager, Analytics, Experience Platform, Target, etc.) across an omni-channel environment.
- Application Development with significant experience in the Retail industry
- Familiarity with cloud, mobile and service-oriented architecture.
- Experience in delivering large, business critical applications.
- Minimum 5 years direct supervisory experience including talent acquisition and performance management.
University degree with a preference for those with a STEM background
There is a world of opportunities at the LCBO…
Join an organization where you can be challenged while achieving your true potential. A place where you can make a positive impact supporting Ontario business and communities. Discover a safe, healthy, diverse, inclusive, and accountable workplace where your wellbeing is our top priority. At the LCBO, your contributions are respected and valued. Be part of our journey as we invest in people and technology to transform an organization. There really is a world of opportunities at the LCBO.
We foster a culture of inclusion and belonging, so everyone feels valued, respected, and heard. The LCBO is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an interview or employment opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation.
Please submit your resume via Workday by 11:59pm on the deadline date. We appreciate your interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Work Hours: 36.25
Union / Non-Union: Non-Union
Job Posting End Date: May 22, 2023
The LCBO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
- Job Locations Canada
- Address 100 Queens Quay East, 9th Floor, Toronto