- Salary/Rate $37.93 to $47.41 per hour
- Experience Level Entry level
The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) is responsible for regulating the alcohol, gaming, horse racing and private cannabis retail sectors in Ontario, in accordance with the principles of honesty and integrity, and in the public interest.
The Human Resources & Organizational Development (HROD) Branch is seeking an experienced Senior Human Resources Specialist to join their team. Reporting to the Director, Human Resources and Organizational Development, the Senior Human Resources Specialist is responsible for the execution of various projects within the branch and overall planning and coordination of branch activities to execute the AGCO’s People Strategy. In addition, the position will involve leading the design and development of HR-related metrics and insights, including performance scorecard, dashboards and any executive/board-related materials required to support the HR leadership team to deliver on the commitments. Lastly, the incumbent will manage the HR policies and procedures library to ensure best practices and compliance with employment legislation.
In this role, the successful candidate will:
- Work with the HR leadership team to develop the People Strategy and HR operational plans and demonstrate how HR contributes to business success across the organization.
- Support the defining of objectives, frameworks, and metrics for the HR strategic planning process, establish ownership and timelines for key planning steps, and establish cadence of tracking and accountability of commitments.
- Conduct meetings with senior HR leaders and key stakeholders across the organization to validate HR’s understanding of business goals and effectively communicate the HR strategy.
- Support the translation of the HR strategic plan and direction into clearly aligned business outcomes with demonstrable business value.
- Provide briefings to AGCO senior leaders.
- Lead and manage ad hoc projects, as assigned, from inception to implementation, including preparing business case.
- Translate and propose HR KPIs and regularly track and monitor progress to ensure alignment to corporate and divisional strategy and goals.
- Gather and compile relevant HR data and metrics from HRIS and other forms, as required (surveys, exit interviews, etc.), and analyze data to identify trends, opportunities and risks to AGCO and recommend solutions.
- Develop reports, dashboards and/or presentations that communicate performance achievements, progress to goals and measured business value of HR strategical investments.
- Oversee reviews of reporting on agreed cadence with the HR leadership team and required senior stakeholders.
- Maintain an up-to-date list of all HR policies and notify relevant HR team members of upcoming policies to be reviewed.
- Manage the branch communications to staff and relevant stakeholders, as requested.
- Take minutes for HR leadership meetings and ensure action items are clearly noted and communicated and followed through.
- Support the AGCO Health & Safety (H&S) Program, i.e., maintaining and updating Health and Safety documents, and arranging JHSC meetings.
- Liaise with internal and/or external working groups as related to the subject (i.e., Joint Health and Safety Committee).
- Manage all H&S Incident Report and WSIB record-keeping.
- Administer the Wellness Program, including developing a monthly theme and communications, and regularly reviewing up-to-date information.
- Respond to all staff H&S and Wellness Program inquiries, and provide support and consultation when needed.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A bachelor’s degree in HR, business or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- CHRL designation through HRPA.
- 5 years of HR experience in a senior capacity.
- Experience in Project Management and Change Management.
- Strong practical knowledge of the Employment Standards Act (ESA), Human Rights legislation, Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) and other HR-related regulations.
- Experience working directly with leaders in developing HR-related strategies, preferably with senior management.
- Proven experience in supporting HR strategic planning, roadmaps, and communications.
- Understanding of financial management fundamentals.
- Experience in data analytics.
- Exposure to development of HR performance measures, KPI development and reporting.
- Ability to effectively drive business, culture, and change in a dynamic and complex operating environment.
- Strong customer and user experience focus, results orientation with follow through.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to produce dashboards, reports and presentations that effectively communicate messaging succinctly and at the appropriate technical or seniority level.
- Working experience in writing reports, policies, HR procedures and programs.
- Excellent research, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of Ontario Public Service (OPS) technological guidelines and mandates, HR policies and procedures, procurement directive, Ministry of Transportation MTO directives, etc.
- Extensive experience with dealing with partners, vendors and suppliers.
- Experience in working with HRIS (Time and attendance, Ceridian products, etc.).
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Visio).
The successful candidate must be eligible to work in Canada and will be subject to a criminal background check.
To apply to this vacancy, please submit your application online at our Careers Webpage, located at www.agco.ca/careers, by Thursday, September 28, 2023.
The AGCO is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer.
The AGCO has the responsibility to lead by example in advancing racial equity and to build a diverse, inclusive, accessible and respectful workplace where every employee has a voice and the opportunity to fully contribute. To this effect, you are encouraged to reflect upon the diversity you would bring to the role within your application including, but not limited to, individuals identifying with one or more of the under-represented groups identified within Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
Disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process is available upon request.
- Job Locations Canada
- Address 90 Sheppard Avenue East, Suite 200-300