- Experience Level Mid-Senior level
Project Manager, Corporate Project Management Office
2 positions: 1 Regular Full Time & 1 Contract Full Time; up to 24 months
Corporate Strategy Office
Salary Band Range: $104,508-130,636
*Please note the salary cannot exceed this range*
Are you a strategic business thinker with the ability to translate complex business challenges into actionable project plans that drive organizational and community outcomes? Do you thrive at cultivating strong relationships with all levels of management, staff and community stakeholders? Are you motivated by the opportunity to work with a vibrant network of partners to lead large-scale transformational change.
The Region of Peel is looking for a seasoned Project Manager that will combine their drive, passion and deep technical expertise to help Regional programs & services, design and implement solutions that tackle complex business and community challenges through adaptable project delivery methods, inclusive platforms for meaningful collaboration and a relentless focus on achieving best-in class results for our clients and the community.
What can I expect from this role?
In this role, you will serve as a trusted partner, collaborator and delivery agent who provides a complete suite of quality project management services which includes:
- Collaborating with executive leadership and cross-functional teams across the Region of Peel to support achievement of outcomes related to organizational and community priorities
- Developing comprehensive project plans for large, transformational projects consistent with leading industry practices and organizational standards
- Leading and managing the processes, procedures and documentation related to developing and managing long-term, integrated project schedules
- Working with program areas across the organization to ensure projects are resourced with the right networks of staff and effective project governance structures are established to achieve project outcomes
- Managing project scope to ensure commitments are achieved while remaining adaptable to changes brought about by evolving business conditions and external factors
- Working with executive-level project sponsors, key stakeholders and cross-functional teams to identify and proactively manage and mitigate project risks
- Ensuring project deliverables are created to high standards of quality and demonstrate thorough knowledge of client needs and a commitment to service excellence
- Tracking and communicating the progress of project deliverables and achievement of project outcomes to varied audiences
- Supporting, and often leading, efforts to manage the people-side of change
- Delivering presentations to various audiences internal and external to the Region of Peel, executive leadership, public agencies, boards, committees and/or community members
- Overseeing the financial management of projects consistent with organizational financial processes, policies and by-laws
- Managing and closing projects with a continuous improvement mindset and developing transition and sustainability plans that support clients’ future success
What do we require…
- Undergraduate degree in business management, finance, accounting, human resources, public policy/administration or related fields
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation in good standing with the Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Five to Seven (5-7) years of project management experience planning, developing and delivering complex, multi-phased, transformational projects
- Excellent client-focused collaboration skills which enable achievement of project outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with executive leadership to achieve strategic outcomes
- Refined influential skills to work collaboratively with project team, partners and stakeholders to achieve common goals and objectives
- Experience leading and effectively managing project teams to achieve project outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to understand key organizational relationships, interests, and priorities and external influences to provide project sponsors with advice regarding design of project deliverables; risks, issues, and mitigation strategies; and managing stakeholder relationships to achieve project outcomes
- Able to develop and manage complex processes, procedures and documentation related to developing, managing, executing and controlling project plans
- Proven ability to multi-task and concurrently manage large transformational projects across departments/ program areas
- Able to work effectively both independently and in team environments, considering multiple points of view and interests
- Ability to analyze issues and assess risks from a variety of sources and perspectives and develop and recommend solutions
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective and comprehensive reports and presentations for various audiences
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- Proven procurement and vendor management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including MS Word, Excel, Project, Visio, PowerPoint, and Teams
- Working knowledge of MS Power BI
- Public sector / non-profit (e.g. municipalities, universities, school boards and/or hospitals) experience is considered an asset
- Project management experience leading large, transformational projects is considered an asset
- Organizational change management certification or equivalent designation is considered an asset
In this role you will have the ability to work remotely and attend on-site when required based on operational requirements at the 10 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton worksite. The frequency of on-site activities may vary on a weekly basis and based on operational requirements. Your remote work location must be located within the province of Ontario.
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
The Region of Peel offers job based flexible hours of work that allows employees to manage personal and professional responsibilities while at the same time ensures business operational needs and customer service expectations are achieved.
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply on-line.
As part of the Region’s ongoing commitment to health and safety, there are enhanced Covid-19 specific safety protocols and/or personal protective equipment requirements (e.g. masks, eye protection, etc.) in place to help protect health and safety. The additional requirements are determined based on the nature of the work being carried out.
New employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Being fully vaccinated is determined as the status of having received the full series of approved vaccines (both doses of a two dose vaccine series, one dose of a single dose vaccine series) and any additional doses required and approved by Health Canada and having satisfied the full post vaccination period required to ensure vaccination efficacy. The Region of Peel reserves the right to request proof of vaccination at any time. Acceptable proof includes an Ontario Ministry of Health COVID-19 vaccine receipt which you can obtain through the Provincial portal https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/, or other government-issued vaccine passport or certification.
The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you are not fully vaccinated, a documented medical reason provided by a physician or registered nurse and time period for the medical reason may be accepted.
- Job Locations Canada
- Address 7120 Hurontario Street, Mississauga
- Job Tag