- Salary/Rate $72,205.00 - $130,012.00
- Experience Level Other
Job Posting Description:
Are you passionate about using your expertise to plan, lead and execute the full project management lifecycle, putting customer satisfaction at the forefront? Reporting to the PMO Lead, Project Management Office you will work with our clients at all levels from business unit managers to LCBO senior leaders to develop project scope of work documents and project plans. You will use your project management skills to lead project roles, identify resource requirements, define project deliverables, and ensure quality of projects. In addition, you will also ensure effective communication and relationships between clients and project team members are maintained.
This position is hybrid #LI-Hybrid
If you are an effective relationship builder who delivers successful projects, then this opportunity is for you!
About the Role
- Work with Business teams and BTS to coordinate the gathering of the requirements with the BA and build project scope and plans that include an analysis of benefit, cost, work schedule and any related risks
- Build project plans that are accurate to the task level with correct dates and resources assigned based on communicated allocations
- Assign, schedule, train, review, and supervise project work to ensure that progress is within expected guidelines and is completed on time and within budget
- Mentor and provide coaching to other project team members, coordinate, and conduct project team meetings
- Identify the roles of project team members, project reporting structures and frequency of interaction and any training requirements that may be needed for a team member to complete the project
- Define the responsibilities of parties involved in the project including customers, management, IT management, project team, key partners, and vendors
- Identify, track, monitor and communicate project-related issues, scope changes in SharePoint, as well as, variances and contingencies that may arise during the implementation of projects
- Identify the technical approach to be used on a given project and manage the system development process including the development of a strategic plan, systems analysis, technical design, coding, testing and acceptance of an IT system and/or application
- Develop IT system review schedules, audits, and acceptance tests for each phase of a project
- Develop Requests for Proposals (RFP), evaluates responses, and lead IT system selection teams
- Identify and detail opportunities to integrate IT systems and resources to fulfill project requirements
- Identify and coordinate new IT system developments and/or improvements with clients
- Prepare and present oral and/or written technical reports and project presentations
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a relevant field, or equivalent training and experience
- 5 to 7 years of hands on IT project / program management experience using software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile delivery methodologies.
- Project Management Certification (PMP), and formal training in project management tools (i.e. Microsoft Project) considered an asset.
- Demonstrable experience leading the implementation and support of information technology projects
- Strategic leadership skills to build, develop, empower, and supervise multi-disciplinary teams
- Demonstrated interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills to build partnerships, consensus and effective working relationships with internal partners, clients and other partners
- Highly proficient project management skills and attention to detail with the ability to communicate effectively with and influence across all levels of the organization.
- Accountable and proactive in their delivery approach i.e. builds effective delivery plans, proactively identifies, and manages issues / risks.
- Experience using SharePoint and MS Office (including Word, Excel, Power Point and Project), with extensive experience with MS Project and Project Online.
- Experience managing project financials including forecasting, managing adjustments to approved budgets, reporting on actuals and variances to forecast.
- Extensive experience in driving mitigation / contingency discussions (planning and execution) and able to work quickly and effectively across large teams to course correct as the need arises.
- Require a highly driven individual with superb communication skills that can set clear expectations and hold people accountable.
- Solid grasp of key business and technology disciplines including Strategy, Governance, Business Analysis, Project Management and QA, Dev Ops, SDLC and Agile methodologies.
- Demonstrates agility and keen ability to zoom in and out as required to ensure successful project / program delivery.
There is a world of opportunities at the LCBO…
Join an organization where you can be challenged while achieving your true potential. A place where you can make a positive impact supporting Ontario business and communities. Discover a safe, healthy, diverse, inclusive, and accountable workplace where your wellbeing is our top priority. At the LCBO, your contributions are respected and valued. Be part of our journey as we invest in people and technology to transform an organization. There really is a world of opportunities at the LCBO.
We foster a culture of inclusion and belonging, so everyone feels valued, respected, and heard. The LCBO is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an interview or employment opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation.
Please submit your resume via Workday by 11:59pm on the deadline date. We appreciate your interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Work Hours: 36.25
Union / Non-Union: Non-Union
Job Posting End Date: June 2, 2023
The LCBO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
- Job Locations Canada
- Address 100 Queens Quay East, 9th Floor, Toronto