- Experience Level Associate
Are you experienced at leading a team of writers, while showcasing your strong writing skills and superb attention to detail while working in a fast-paced and high-performing environment? Do you have experience overseeing complex projects under tight timelines and enjoy constantly seeking ways to do things better? If so, consider this opportunity to join the Ministry of Transportation (MTO)’s Corporate Correspondence Office as Managing Editor.
OPS Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Anti-Racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy < https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontario-public-service-anti-racism-policy > and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint < https://www.ontario.ca/page/ops-inclusion-diversity-blueprint > pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario’s Human Rights Code < http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/ontario-human-rights-code >. Refer to the application instructions below if you require a disability-related accommodation.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As a Managing Editor, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting a team of writers and coordinating all information related to correspondence management and Minister invitations
• Supporting a team of writers and reporting with the Minister’s Office, including the Chief of Staff
• Building and leading exceptional relationships to provide advice and reporting to the management team, the Deputy Minister’s Office and the Minister’s Office, including the Chief of Staff
• Ensuring that advice on appropriate responses to contentious issues isprovided and flagged appropriately to the management team, the Deputy Minister’s Office and the Minister’s Office
• Developing and recommending on-going improvements to correspondence and information management policies, procedures and processes
• Researching and analyzing issues and trends that have implications for correspondence management
How do I qualify?
Writing and Editing Skills:
- You have experience writing and editing a variety of communications products related to potentially contentious issues
• You can translate complex policies into written materials that are clear, and accurate and communicate key messages
• You have experience using your effective briefing and written communications skills to prepare briefing notes and reports
Analytical, Research and Organizational Skills:
You have demonstrated:
- time management and organizational skills and can handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
• research and analytical skills to identify, analyze, and respond to emerging issues
Communications, Interpersonal and Leadership Skills
- You have experience briefing senior executives and political staff on complex issues
• You exercise tact, discretion and political acuity when addressing sensitive or contentious issues
• You have excellent relationship management skills to establish positive/productive relations, and to work effectively with team members, clients, partners and service providers to identify and achieve common goals
• You have leadership skills to lead and direct the work of the Unit’s writers
Salary Range: $69,425 – $100,036 Per Year
- 1 Permanent, 777 Bay St, Toronto, Toronto Region
- Less qualified applicants may be considered on an underfill basis.
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 191044, by Wednesday, December 7, 2022. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
- Job Locations Canada
- Address 95 Grosvenor St, Toronto, ON M7A 1Y8