- Salary/Rate $64,103.00 - $111,970.00
- Experience Level Other
Job Posting Description:
This position is hybrid #LI-Hybrid
Are you results driven, self motivated and a customer focused leader? Reporting to the Senior Manager, Payroll, you will lead the payroll team to ensure compliance with legislation, the collective agreement, ESA, and company policies. You will also be responsible for identifying and recommending changes to maximize system capabilities and increase the efficiency of the payroll operations.
If you enjoy in-depth analysis and have a track record of building business relationships, then this is the role for you!
About the Role
- Manage the production of the bi-weekly payroll, reporting and analysis of payroll data.
- Manage staff including assigning and coordinating work while providing a team environment that is supportive.
- Troubleshoot payroll issues effectively, identify and recommend changes to increase the efficiency of the payroll operations.
- Provide leadership, expertise and guidance on issues, standards, policies and procedures.
- Lead projects that include the planning and testing of all system changes (CRA, Service Canada, Collective Bargaining Agreement, new system releases, new requirements).
- Train, motivate and develop staff; provide guidance and support and monitor to ensure business and service goals are met.
- Support project work on enhancements and system changes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness throughout the organization.
- Network and build relationships with internal business partners.
- Post secondary education in business or a related field with five (5) years’ progressively responsible experience managing a payroll system for a large, unionized employer, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Completion or actively working towards a professional accounting designation or equivalent job-related experience.
- Completion of the National Payroll Institute designation: Payroll Leadership Professional (PLP).
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of payroll administration and legislation; experience with Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Demonstrated experience with Workday Payroll system including processing, testing, configuration, integrations and reports.
- Progressive analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated organizational, collaborative and interpersonal communication skills.
- Initiative and sound judgment, along with excellent and communication skills.
- Proven track record to effectively lead in a team environment, ensuring departmental goals are met.
- A fast-paced self-starter with ability to plan, manage multiple projects and deliver results under tight timelines.
- Ability to quickly adapt to change and to build and sustain business relationships.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Access, Excel and Word.
There is a world of opportunities at the LCBO…
Join an organization where you can be challenged while achieving your true potential. A place where you can make a positive impact supporting Ontario business and communities. Discover a safe, healthy, diverse, inclusive, and accountable workplace where your wellbeing is our top priority. At the LCBO, your contributions are respected and valued. Be part of our journey as we invest in people and technology to transform an organization. There really is a world of opportunities at the LCBO.
We foster a culture of inclusion and belonging, so everyone feels valued, respected, and heard. The LCBO is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an interview or employment opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation.
Please submit your resume via Workday by 11:59pm on the deadline date. We appreciate your interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Work Hours: 36.25
Union / Non-Union: Non-Union
Job Posting End Date: May 29, 2023
The LCBO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
- Job Locations Canada
- Address 100 Queens Quay East, 9th Floor, Toronto