- Salary/Rate Open for discussion
- Experience Level Mid-Senior level
The Engineering Manager leads the engineering department with direct responsibility of hiring and training new engineering team members, preparing technical budgets, assigning resources to the projects, developing competent technological/engineering solutions, planning, and scheduling activities and resources.
- Hire & Train Engineering team members across multiple technologies
- Prepare and manage Engineering budgets
- Resource allocations based on skillset requirements for all projects
- Establish code review process
- Ensure proper cadence to development standards are maintained
- Represent the engineering team on qualified lead – sales calls
- Coordinate with external stakeholders for new integrations and tools
- Interface with all other departments to ensure a cooperative effort
- Responsible for technical development of all projects
- Accountable for delivery of projects within schedules and timelines
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope
- Develop, improve, and maintain software development processes
- Plans and directs all aspects of the engineering activities within the organization
- Other duties, as assigned
- Provide constructive support, advice, and project rollout updates during leadership meetings
- Create a positive atmosphere by demonstrating a Growth Mindset and Lead company values by example
- Have a proactive solutions-oriented approach to issues that may arise
- Define technology strategy and oversee implementation for front end (native mobile applications & web applications) and Backend development
- Establish process around code reviews & peer reviews
- Ensure compliance with security regulations
- Manage geographically distributed teams (internal & External) to deliver products with high quality and within the stipulated budget.
- Day to day employee Management – managing team’s time, queries, administrative etc.
- Identification and promotion of high potentials and talent
- Regular management of direct reports – 1:1s, appraisals, learning/coaching plans defined
- Leadership to the team
- Resource Allocation on projects based on the right skill set mapping
- Allocation of budgets and tracking budgets to ensure high billability for resources.
- Drive adoption of the best engineering practices in the team and the organization.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices best practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Formal Education or Equivalent
- Bachelors or master’s in engineering, Computer Science, or relevant field
Years of Experience
- Min 4+ years as a director of engineering or in a similar senior-level
- Extensive experience with cloud technologies and modern human-computer interfaces
- Hands-on experience in back-end and front-end development
- Good understanding of agile methodologies
- Leadership abilities with a strategic mind
- Excellent project management skills
Specialized skills, knowledge or certifications unique to this role
- Hands-on Experience on at least 1 of these technologies: Java, Node, Python, .net
- Understanding of front-end technologies such as React, Angular, Kotlin and XCode
- Experience with Restful APIs
- Experience in understanding & decrypting technical architecture
- Project Management certifications such as PMP, Six Sigma, EMPC, PgMP.
- Hands-on experience as Full stack developer
- Expert in Native Mobile App Development
- Proficient in database technologies like MongoDB or RDBMS
- Good exposure to scalable and distributed systems using microservices.
- Willingness to understand innovative technology and map it to improve business outcomes
- Lead technology architecture and development as per product needs
- Must have hands-on experience in troubleshooting and debug issues in the production environment.
- Exposure to Mobile Hybrid development
- Exposure to various cloud hosting environments (Preferably AWS).
- Good to have- experience in Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Elastic Search, Redis.
- Exposure to DevOps/ CI-CD processes/practices in production environments
- Knowledge with AI/Machine Learning is a plus
Why should you be part of TheAppLabb Family?
Because we know your worth, we offer you:
- Competitive salary.
- Extended Health benefits and Dental Care.
- Vision Care.
- Life insurance (dependent included)
- Counselling Services (Workplace Advisor)
- Survivor Benefit.
Because we care about your mental health, we offer you:
- Paid time off.
- Flexible work environment.
- Hybrid and remote work available
- To keep the fun on, we have Virtual team building activities (Bi-weekly socials, Monthly town halls, etc.)
At TheAppLabb, we believe diversity is a strength we cultivate. Our work environment welcomes equity, inclusiveness, and diversity by providing accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process or during your employment here. If you require accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs. All qualified applicants are welcome to participate.
We would love to hear from you! What are you waiting for? Apply now!
- Job Locations Canada
- Job Tag
- Total Years Experience 2 to 4 years