- Experience Level Other
Kwantlen Polytechnic University
KPU offers all learners opportunities to achieve success in a diverse range of programs that blend theory and practice, critical understanding, and social and ethical awareness necessary for good citizenship and rewarding careers. KPU strives to implement initiatives that will attract, support, engage, and retain KPU’s people and create an environment where all employees see themselves as contributing to student learning.
Divisional Business Manager, Office of Equity & Inclusive Communities The Divisional Business Manager role reports to the Vice President, Equity & Inclusive Communities. Reporting directly to this position are the Confidential and Administrative Assistants within the Office of Equity & Inclusive Communities (OEIC). This role also provides support across the OEIC.
As an integral member of the administrative leadership team for the Office of Equity & Inclusive Communities (OEIC), the Divisional Business Manager is responsible for providing administrative leadership to the Office. They are accountable for the implementation and oversight of management, financial and human resources systems and controls to ensure the Division’s operations are effective, efficient and in alignment with the goals of OEIC. The Divisional Business Manager provides direction to department staff for matters relating to policy, systems, procedures, budget, and collective agreement application, ensuring resources are utilized appropriately, financial information is reliable, applicable policies and procedures are adhered to, and that exemplary levels of customer service are provided. They work closely with the VP Equity & Inclusive Communities, university service departments and academic Faculties to ensure streamlined and effective services and administrative structures meet the needs of OEIC and KPU community.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor’s degree;
- Five to seven years of related administrative experience in a post-secondary environment;
- Past experience working in the field of decolonization equity, diversity and inclusion (this can include volunteer, paid work, etc.); is considered an asset.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Successful experience training and managing an effective team and implementing change resulting in improvements to service quality, staff productivity and systems efficiency.
- Ability to provide leadership and direction; analyze situations and develop effective solutions.
- Formal training and/or experience in the application and analysis of data-based systems, preferably at a post-secondary institution, including proficiency at the intermediate level with Banner or similar student information system.
- Experience using FAST an asset.
- Skill in coordinating activities, evaluating data and making evidence-based forecasts, and establishing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Ability to communicate patiently and effectively (both verbally and in writing) with a diverse range of people and situations. Actively listens to the issues of others in a manner that elicits cooperation and support. Demonstrates an effective and adaptive skill in communicating with individuals under stress.
- Experience recruiting, supervising, and managing performance of staff.
- In-depth experience with and management of complex budgets.
- Knowledge of standard computer applications such as word-processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise tact and diplomacy as well as demonstrated conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply policies and regulations, with a sound understanding of how they contribute to a quality educational experience.
- Ability to develop collegial relationships and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects efficiently and effectively in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to think innovatively and creatively in planning and developing a fresh approach to existing activities.
- Ability to work independently, make sound judgments and effective decisions, and demonstrate initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to model appropriate professional, ethical and collaborative behaviours consistent with the responsibilities of this position.
- Ability to travel between campuses is required.
click here for a more detailed job description
To learn more about this opportunity, the expectations, qualification requirements and How To Apply please visit our website at https://www.kpu.ca/hr/career-opportunities
Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box?
We at KPU understand that experiences and qualifications may look differently for everyone and, if this job description is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply.
WHY JOIN KPU?
- Recognized as one of B.C.’s Top Employers
- KPU is committed to actively fostering an equitable and inclusive working environment
- Competitive compensation
- Hybrid environment, flexible work around core hours
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan – College
- Extended Medical, Dental, Healthcare Spending Account, Sick Leave, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Optional Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Emergency Travel Assistance, Employee and Family Assistance Program, Teledoc
- Professional Development Days: up to 10 days paid per year
- Maternity and parental leave top-up
- Generous vacation package
- Campus work environment, cafeteria, outdoor sitting areas and nearby walking trails
- Campus athletic and fitness centers with a variety of instructor-led classes
- Tuition waiver program – eligible to waive tuition costs of courses at KPU equivalent to 3 credits per semester
- Inhouse training and development
- Networking and social events such as KPU Day, Holiday Social etc.
- Intercampus shuttle
- Access to automotive, horticulture, brewery and other programs’ services
- Clubs: Jeopardy, Toastmasters, E-sports, Ted Talks etc.
- Library and Bookstore (discounts)
**Some slight differences for temporary roles
Compensation Range: $83,214 – $122,047
The compensation range is the span between the minimum and maximum base salary for a position. The midpoint of the range is approximately halfway between the minimum and the maximum and represents an employee that possess full job knowledge, qualifications and experience for the position. In the normal course, employees will be hired, transferred or promoted between the minimum and midpoint of the salary range for a job. Annual salary increases are available through participation in the annual Administrative Performance Management program.
Note to Applicants:
Kwantlen Polytechnic University welcomes and encourages applications from equity deserving groups and diverse experiences including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2S/LGBTQIA+ community.
If there are any barriers that you are experiencing or an accommodation that we can provide to support you through the application process, please reach out to us at [email protected].
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.
- Job Locations Canada
- Address 12666 72 Avenue, Surrey, BC
- Job Tag
- Total Years Experience 5 to 10 years