- Salary/Rate $90,384 - $136,538 Per Year
- Experience Level Mid-Senior level
Join the Ontario Science Centre – one of Canada’s most visited cultural attractions and a world-renowned educational institution – and contribute to the organization’s success by providing leadership and strategic oversight for the Centre’s research, evaluation and data analytics team and the development and execution of the organization’s multi-year research and evaluation strategy.
We are looking for a collaborative, results-driven leader to help create and lead our newly formed Research and Evaluation Department, and be responsible for shaping and fostering an organization-wide culture of evaluation through communications, training, resourcing and the demonstration of evaluation’s positive impact on advancing programmatic, and organizational goals.
At the Ontario Science Centre (OSC), we believe that science, technology and innovation will help us shape a better future for society and our planet. As an organization, we are focused on making a positive and enduring impact on the lives of individuals and communities, and creating the lasting fascination for science that powers promising futures.
What can I expect in this role?
The successful candidate will build a culture of research and evaluation within the organization and manage a core team of staff with research, evaluation and data analytics expertise. They will be responsible for the design, implementation, analysis and interpretation of all research and evaluation efforts at the Science Centre, as they relate to understanding audience needs; assessing the impact of OSC activities; supporting funding opportunities; evaluating processes and products; and informing decision-making.
The Ontario Science Centre is looking for someone who will:
- Own and champion research and evaluation institutionally, and lead the strategy for the development of multi-year research and evaluation that enables achievement of organizational goals
- Lead program and service delivery review and evaluation processes to assess and evaluate the success of OSC’s initiatives
- Lead the identification of, and participation in, external research initiatives related to OSC strategies, goals, and business, such as local, national or international studies related to science capital, the economic impact of science centres, the impact of a science centre visit, science centres as tourism drivers, etc.
- Foster, maintain and manage strong relationships with internal colleagues and external partners, such as research institutions and peer organizations, to assist in, and further, evaluation and research efforts
How do I qualify?
Leadership and Management Skills
- You have experience providing strategic direction, guidance and coaching to staff and/or project teams
- You have experience fostering an environment of inclusion, high performance, learning, growth and continuous improvement
- You can create and foster a culture of evaluation and drive the advancement of research as an enabling tool
- You have experience leading complex projects and high-profile initiatives, effectively utilizing resources and prioritizing tasks to deliver results
- You can lead concurrent project teams, working groups and committees comprised of staff or external partners
Research, Analytical, and Data Management Skills
- You have experience developing evaluation frameworks, and program and system level KPIs, and leading qualitative research (e.g., survey) design and implementation
- You can analyze trends in emerging information and data to identify operational requirements, and assess risks and impacts on client program delivery
- You have an understanding of data science, and statistical (quantitative and qualitative) methods
- You can conceptualize, plan, and lead a range of analytics and statistical research initiatives to improve strategic decision-making and overall program accountability measurement
- You are well informed on current trends and best practices in the field of visitor studies and apply them consistently
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- You can lead the research and development of reports and presentations to senior management while also recommending appropriate action
- You can establish and maintain strong working relationships with key internal and external partners and stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate information flow and identification of issues
- You can provide consultative advice and information across teams and departments to ensure consistency and rigour
- You have experience presenting options and strategies, and providing sound, strategic advice and briefings to senior executives
Program and Business Development Skills
- You can lead and manage the planning, development and implementation of analytical frameworks, strategies, plans, applications, and solutions for the organization
- You can prepare strategic business cases, feasibility assessments, and briefing notes
- You have knowledge of project management principles and methodologies to oversee and guide the overall delivery of mandates and strategies
OPS commitment to diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and anti-racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy < https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontario-public-service-anti-racism-policy > and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint < https://www.ontario.ca/page/ops-inclusion-diversity-blueprint > pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario’s Human Rights Code < http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/ontario-human-rights-code >. Refer to the application instructions below if you require a disability-related accommodation.
Salary Range: $90,384 – $136,538 Per Year
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 18 months (with possible extension), 770 Don Mills Rd, Toronto, Toronto Region
Interested applicants must apply online, by 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, August 16, 2022, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers, and entering Job ID 185243 in the Job ID search field. Late submissions will not be considered.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code < http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/ontario-human-rights-code >.
- Job Locations Canada
- Address 770 Don Mills Rd, Toronto, Toronto Region