- Salary/Rate $83,452.00 - $154,920.00
- Experience Level Other
Job Posting Description:
Director, Business Partnership (CORPORATE)
Reporting to the Vice President, Business Partnership & Labour Relations, the Director leads HR’s partnership with corporate enabling functions, and ensures integration of HR solutions to the business in a way that is aligned to culture, strategy, and business objectives. The Director leads a team of Business Partners who collectively act as the key point of contact for strategic business initiatives and HR solutions for the client.
The Director is a key contributor to workforce planning, talent management, change management, organizational design, and labour/employee relations and works to enable a culture that attracts, engages, and retains the right talent to achieve our goals.
The Director works alongside peers in Business Partnership and People Services to ensure end-to-end accountability for client experience, advises on strategies to unlock high performance, coaches/advises/develops leaders, is a thought leader for the employee and client experience, and engages with the wider HR community.
If you enjoy influencing and navigating change on a large scale to help the LCBO shift culture this is the role for you!
This position is hybrid #LI-Hybrid
About the Role
Workforce Planning – Uses data to forecast talent needs to meet requirements; collaborates to produce an LCBO wide workforce planning strategy; and drives leaders to embrace innovation and workforce optimization.
Organizational Design – Consults, recommends, and supports transition to organizational design solutions that complement workforce planning strategies, business needs, and organizational transformation plans; and is motivated by KPI’s to develop and deliver OD strategies that promote strategy, shift culture, and lead client performance.
Talent Management – Brings talent programs to life; helps clients promote engagement through career pathing and succession planning; acts as an expert resource on performance and talent calibration; and creates a culture continuous improvement to earn influence and build trust/transparency.
Change Management – Fosters a growth mindset to ensure change readiness; advises on change opportunities, requirements, and strategies; and promotes the HR Operating Model to further mature the employee experience.
Labour & Employee Relations – Understands legislative and collective agreement obligations to offer advice on workforce planning, organizational design, talent management, and change management in a way that drives outcomes and respects constructive labour relations.
Be a People Leader – Leads and inspires a high performing team by establishing clear direction, accountabilities, and objectives; measures results and is committed to continuous improvement; and has regular and human conversations with their team, HR colleagues and clients around the employee life cycle.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in HR, Business, Industrial Relations, Organizational Development, or related field.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive and relevant HR experience.
- Business Acumen – you can connect the dots by understanding our business, the industry, and external factors that impact results. Must have strategic orientation, organizational awareness, and financial literacy.
- Relationship Builder – you use influence, courage, and emotional intelligence to develop respectful relationships grounded in trust.
- Technology & Analytics – you use data insights and technology to identify opportunities and achieve organizational results. Must have data literacy, storytelling, and digital fluency skills.
- Client Experience – you consider client needs when problem solving and co-designing strategic solutions, and you embrace mistakes as a driver of innovation.
- Results Oriented – you execute client vision by creating plans that balance risk and provide solutions. Must have project management skills, be comfortable making decisions, and be outcome focused.
- You can deliver on the LCBO’s core competencies by being customer-centric, inclusive, accountable, a change champion, a collaborator, and coaching & developing.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as an ability to manage through ambiguity, work collaboratively, and have fun while working smart.
- You lead by example, inspire others, are self-aware, and have honed diplomacy skills.
There is a world of opportunities at the LCBO…
Join an organization where you can be challenged while achieving your true potential. A place where you can make a positive impact supporting Ontario business and communities. Discover a safe, healthy, diverse, inclusive, and accountable workplace where your wellbeing is our top priority. At the LCBO, your contributions are respected and valued. Be part of our journey as we invest in people and technology to transform an organization. There really is a world of opportunities at the LCBO.
We foster a culture of inclusion and belonging, so everyone feels valued, respected, and heard. The LCBO is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an interview or employment opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation.
[#LI-Hybrid or #LI-Onsite]
Please submit your resume via Workday by 11:59pm on the deadline date. We appreciate your interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Work Hours: 36.25
Union / Non-Union: Non-Union
The LCBO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
- Job Locations Canada
- Address 100 Queens Quay East, 9th Floor, Toronto