- Experience Level Director
The Walrus provokes new thinking and sparks conversation on matters vital to Canadians. As a registered charity, we publish independent, fact-based journalism; produce national, ideas-focused events; and train emerging professionals in publishing and nonprofit management. The Walrus and its strong community of supporters are invested in the idea that a healthy society relies on informed citizens.
The Walrus is currently accepting applications for a Digital Director. This full-time position, which starts in July/August 2022, is a strategic, production, and operations role.
The Digital Director is a member of The Walrus’s management team.
The Walrus is a registered charity with an annual budget of approximately $6-million-dollars. The Digital Director is primarily responsible for developing and maintaining the digital presence of The Walrus in all its forms including the website, the tech stack for the website, the digital edition of The Walrus magazine (on Apple News+), the weekly newsletter, podcasts, social media channels, and all digital advertising delivery and reporting.
The Digital Director is also the primary contact for reporting on strategic progress and goals using Google Analytics, as well as any other analytics relevant to the larger team at The Walrus who use this data to make decisions about outreach, marketing, and editorial strategies.
The Digital Director works closely with and reports directly to the Executive Director, and collaborates with all members of the Management team in the areas of editorial, marketing, events, philanthropy, The Walrus Lab, circulation, finance, and operations.
- Set the strategy and goals for all digital growth including the website, podcasts, social media content and events, and partner work that involves digital delivery.
- Maintain the technical and software needs of the content created for the digital version of The Walrus in all its mediums and forms.
- Manage and mentor a team of digital producers and fellows.
- Ensure delivery on all agreements, programs, and products for existing revenue partners and sponsors.
- Develop and present digital strategy and tactics to increase the engagement numbers and reach the growth goals of the 2021-2023 strategic plan.
- Work closely and collaborate with all teams at The Walrus on larger projects and cross-departmental opportunities.
- Manage relationships (internal and external) and collaborate with staff across the organization to ensure The Walrus is delivering to clients and sponsors on time.
- Five to eight years of experience managing the operations of a digital team, demonstrating a high level of achievement in the maintenance and upkeep of web tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and digital programming skills (HTML, CSS).
- Experience in digital, social, and podcast content production.
- Experience with supporting and building WordPress themes, AWS tools, newsletter software and production, DFP and other ad delivery systems, and Apple news processes or similar work to the above.
- Management (project and people) and teamwork skills.
- A keen understanding of brand, style guides, marketing, and persuasion.
- Experience in a media company or newsroom is an asset because of the type of content coming through this team.
- A deadline- and results-driven leader, and strong team player.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (a degree in web development and design is an asset).
The compensation package includes a competitive base salary and a full benefits package (medical, dental, vision, prescription, and paid vacation).
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] before end of day Friday, July 1, 2022. Please include the subject line: Digital Director application [first and last name].
The Walrus supports flexible and remote work, and has a Toronto hybrid office environment.
The Walrus supports diversity and inclusion in our work to fulfill our educational mandate. We value employment equity and strongly encourage applications from Indigenous, Black, and other racialized people; people with disabilities; people of all genders; and LGBTQ2+ people. If you require any accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know by email at [email protected]
- Job Locations Canada
- Address 411 Richmond St. East
- Job Tag
- Total Years Experience 5 to 10 years