- Salary/Rate $17.01 per hour
- Experience Level Entry level
Are you passionate about serving and empowering the community? Are you tech savvy and enjoy problem solving? Then this role is for you!
Pickering Public Library is looking for a friendly and reliable Client Experience Taskforce – Technology employee. Typically, Taskforce members work 2 – 3 shifts per week. We are looking for a candidate with open availability each day of the week. Candidates will be scheduled to work varying shifts including days, evenings and weekends at any location within the library system.
Provides customer service through basic technology assistance to clients and staff. Under the supervision of staff, this is a junior role that focuses on creating a welcoming environment for all clients by consistently providing client service excellence.
Salary: $17.01 per hour
Hours: 10 hours per week
Telework arrangement possible in accordance with the Library’s Telework Policy.
The successful applicant:
- Provides first level technology assistance to clients.
- May assist staff with public programs and events.
- Completes assigned tasks for staff as requested.
- Assists with the maintenance of the library websites.
- Assists with set-up and take-down of materials and equipment.
- Assist with crowd control and way-finding.
- Other duties consistent with job responsibilities.
Applicants must have:
- Majority of high school courses completed.
- Skills and aptitude for computer hardware, software, and personal electronic devices.
Candidates will be scheduled to work varying shifts including days, evenings, and weekends at any location within the library system.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector/Criminal Records Check VSC (blue form) is required for most jobs at the library. Please note that job offers will only be made upon successful completion of all background checks.
All employees are governed by the Library’s Mandatory Vaccination Policy which requires full vaccination against COVID-19 for all employees. Further information regarding the vaccination policy can be obtained from the Library.
Please quote Job ID #E-6 and email your cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
In your cover letter, please detail your strengths and work experience.
Closing date for applications: May 18, 2022 by 12 noon.
Planned starting date: June 2022
- Job Locations Canada
- Address 1 The Esplanade, Pickering, ON, L1V 6K7
- Job Tag
- Total Years Experience Less than 1 year