- Salary/Rate $59,195 - $81,920 Per Year
- Experience Level Entry level
Are you looking to take the next step in your career or further develop your skills for progressive HR roles in the future? The Treasury Board Secretariat, HR Service Delivery Division, is looking for highly organized, results-oriented professionals with a strong focus on providing excellent customer service!
This exciting and challenging role within our HR Advisory Services team will involve playing an integral part in supporting a team that provides guidance and recommendations to help clients make informed decisions, promote positive labour relations, support organizational transformation and improve employee performance.
The HR Service Delivery Division is responsible for delivering front-line human resource services that support and enable the achievement of government priorities and business results. The division also provides corporate leadership to all ministries in the Ontario Public Service (OPS) in the delivery of integrated, consistent and customer-focused HR services.
PLEASE NOTE: This competition may be used to fill current and future vacancies in multiple locations.
OPS Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Anti-Racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful, and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy < https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontario-public-service-anti-racism-policy > and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint < https://www.ontario.ca/page/ops-inclusion-diversity-blueprint > pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario’s Human Rights Code < http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/ontario-human-rights-code >. Refer to the application instructions below if you require a disability-related accommodation.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- Provide proactive HR service, advice and assistance to client ministries’ line managers and employees on a variety of HR issues
- Provide position administration and related support for various Workforce Information Network (WIN) and job description repository (JDR) activities
- Research, and advise client ministries’ line managers and employees on, salary administration and compensation issues
- Assist in the management of client ministries’ grievances by maintaining grievance files, reviewing documents, resolving issues, and monitoring timelines
- Support recruitment activities
- Prepare employee corporate files for employee file reviews
Location(s): Guelph, Kingston, London, North Bay, Orillia, Oshawa, Peterborough, St. Catharines, Sudbury, Thunder Bay, Toronto
How do I qualify?
Results-Driven Organizational and Teamwork Skills
- You have organizational and time management skills to manage high- workload volumes in a fast-paced virtual team environment.
- You are able to coordinate and prioritize workload to complete work within service standard timelines.
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills to provide proactive support to colleagues, clients and team members, and the ability to explain/interpret complex legislation and policies.
Human Resources Knowledge/Technical Application
- You have knowledge of theories, principles and practices of human resources management, applicable collective agreements and related legislation.
- You have knowledge of the generalist areas of human resources management such as recruitment, position administration, labour relations, salary/benefits, etc.
Customer Service and Communication Skills
- You have the ability to work directly with clients and develop trusted relationships to provide excellent service by anticipating and identifying their needs.
- You have effective oral and written communication skills to respond to inquiries, prepare reports and present information to clients.
- You are able to work effectively in a fast-paced virtual team environment.
Research, Problem-Solving and Analytical Skills
- You are able to identify, investigate, assess, and respond to sensitive and confidential human resources issues.
- You have analytical and problem-solving skills to research and apply policies, procedures and guidelines and to review and interpret data.
- You have knowledge of information technology and software such as Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Outlook) to prepare reports and spreadsheets as well as develop, manipulate and maintain databases.
- You are able to use human resource information systems (e.g. WIN).
Salary Range: $59,195 – $81,920 Per Year
- 2 English Temporary, duration up to 18 months (with possible extension), 199 Larch St, Sudbury, North Region or 435 James St S, Thunder Bay, North Region or 777 Bay St, Toronto, Toronto Region or 33 King St W, Oshawa, Central Region or 1 Stone Rd W, Guelph, West Region or 14 Gable Ln, Kingston, East Region or 661 Exeter Rd, London, West Region or 777 Memorial Ave, Orillia, Central Region or 400 University Ave, Toronto, Toronto Region or 301 St Paul St, St Catharines, West Region or 5700 Yonge St, Toronto, Toronto Region or 25 Grosvenor St, Toronto, Toronto Region or 200 First Ave W , Suite 204, North Bay, North Region or 300 Water St, Peterborough, East Region or 720 Bay St, Toronto, Toronto Region
- This competition will be used to create an eligibility list to fill upcoming opportunities.
- The information that you provide for the purpose of this competition and the results from this competition may be used to fill other positions. These positions may be of various tenures, including short-term assignments. Your information and the results from this competition will be retained for the purpose of filling vacancies in accordance with the applicable collective agreement or policy provisions.
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 203238, by Wednesday, October 4, 2023. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
- Job Locations Canada
- Address 95 Grosvenor St, Toronto, ON M7A 1Y8