- Salary/Rate $110,000-$130,000
- Experience Level Associate
This role of Android Developer will join our existing scrum team that is developing and enhancing the features of a consumer facing product. The developer gets to work with other android developers on the product to collaborate and build new features.
- Conceptualizing and formulating apps that are suitable for use on all types of Android devices
- Interface with the client from Requirement gathering till Project Delivery
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Directly influence the architecture of new features and the entire platform
- Ensuring that the construction and presentation of your apps are congruent with the company’s standards
- Find new ways of bringing efficiency in the Development process
- Management of the complete development life cycle
Formal Education or Equivalent
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in software development, computer science, or similar.
Years of Experience
- Minimum 3+ years of Relevant Experience on native Android app Development.
- Detail oriented (Meticulous about process)
- Ownership Mindset
- Teamwork Mindset
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Effective Communicator
Specialized skills, knowledge or certifications unique to this role
- Experience in enterprise software development with at least one major enterprise application through the full SDLC
- Understanding of asynchronous client/server interfacing. Solid grip on SQLite and data modelling.
- Experience with 3rd party libraries & APIs – IBM Cloud / MFP, Social, Payment, Network, Crash, Analytics, etc
- Proficiency in Java, Kotlin, or C++
- Strong understanding of common design principles such as MVC, MVVM etc
- Experience in handling the performance and memory of the App using various tools. Focus on building high performance, stable and maintainable code.
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial or SVN
- Familiarity with Agile/ Scrum development process and continuous integration tools like Jenkins
Why should you be part of TheAppLabb Family?
Because we know your worth, we offer you:
- Competitive salary.
- Extended Health benefits and Dental Care.
- Vision Care.
- Life insurance (dependent included)
- Counselling Services (Workplace Advisor)
- Survivor Benefit.
Because we care about your mental health, we offer you:
- Paid time off.
- Flexible work environment.
- Hybrid and remote work available
- To keep the fun on, we have Virtual team building activities (Bi-weekly socials, Monthly town halls, etc.)
At TheAppLabb, we believe diversity is a strength we cultivate. Our work environment welcomes equity, inclusiveness, and diversity by providing accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process or during your employment here. If you require accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs. All qualified applicants are welcome to participate.
We would love to hear from you! What are you waiting for? Apply now!
- Job Locations Canada
- Job Tag
- Total Years Experience 2 to 4 years