- Experience Level Mid-Senior level
Our client a manufacturer in North York, ON is looking for an Accountant to join their business on a full-time basis.
The Accountant’s responsibilities include managing expense reports and reimbursements, entering financial transactions into their internal databases, and reconciling invoices.
Ultimately, you will help their Accounting department run smoothly, ensuring transparency and efficiency in all transactions.
- Maintains records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensure legal requirements compliance.
- Develops a system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
- Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- 5 years of accounting experience
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas
- Solid understanding of bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Hands-on experience with Excel and Sage Accounting
- Proven ability to calculate, post, and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Job Locations Canada
- Address North York, Ontario
- Job Tag
- Total Years Experience 5 to 10 years